Thursday, March 21, 2019

Deluxe Cafe Exhibition 2019

Thursday, March 21, 2019
Here it is, my first exhibition of 2019! You can now find my prints from both the 'Shirley's House' collection and 'Lost In California' hanging on the walls of Deluxe Cafe on Kent Terrace, Wellington. It feels great to see the photographs from my newest collection 'Shirley's House' in a physical format and equally great that they compliment some of my older pieces from California so nicely. I seem to always be attracted to the same general colour scheme when taking photos, which gives my work a cohesive look and makes combining collections super fun. Last night we spent several hours attaching fishing line (don't try this at home) to the back of my prints and hanging them as best we could by balancing on tables and chairs. We are not professional exhibition installers, but somehow we made it work and I think they look great! I chose eight of my favourite pieces, four from each collection and we hung them at varying heights to add some more visual interest (plus, it was much easier that way.) Deluxe is a super cool space and we got free reign of the entire blank back wall. I love the way my images fit with the funky retro diner vibe they have in there, and possibly the coolest chairs I've ever seen!
It's a great feeling having my work displayed somewhere again, even if nobody really pays too much attention to it! In saying that, if you're in the area go check it out, I would love to hear feedback. If you're interested in any pieces or you have any questions feel free to email me at bellafosterart@gmail.com
Bella.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio