Friday, February 28, 2020

One Week Before America - Colour Study

Friday, February 28, 2020


























One week. In fact, six days until I leave for my big adventure. As you may well know, I leave for Los Angeles on the 5th of March, for a solo trip dedicated to op shopping, taking photos and creating (hopefully) awesome content. If you want to read more about the specifics of this, see my original post here. But, for now, I have six days to prepare myself and I'm currently lying in bed with a nasty head cold, so that's great.

This cold really couldn't have come at a worse time, but I'm trying to stay positive. I've been slowly ticking things off my to-do list as the days count down and now I'm left with a few major tasks to complete before I board my plane. This experience was going to be stressful and scary enough as it is but add a nasty cough and runny nose into the mix...not really sure what to expect. I just hope that my flights are relatively drama free and I make it to my Airbnb in one piece. I don't think that's too much to ask?

As for everything that I'll be leaving behind for two weeks, most of my Depop and blog related business will be on a temporary pause. Of course, feel free to still purchase items or message me with any questions, but just know that I might take a little longer to respond and nothing will be shipped until I'm back on the 20th! I'll try my best to keep this blog as updated as possible but my main focus will be to stay present and be out and about as much as possible while I'm in the US. So, what's the best way to stay up to date with my travels (if you feel so inclined)? Instagram. If you don't follow my main Instagram account, go do it. I'll be posting tons of updates and images over there and maybe even some fun thrift hauls as I go?

I'm still very much in the process of sorting out my itinerary and I think a lot of it will end up being pretty spontaneous. But, I'd love to hear any suggestions if you've been to LA yourself (vegan eats, vintage and thrifting), just flick me a message! But as I'll still be recovering from this bloody cold I think I'll be taking it pretty easy during the evenings. I want to fill my days with as much op shopping, photographing and eating as possible before I retreat back to my Airbnb as the sun goes down.

It's always bittersweet going on holiday or leaving Wellington in general as I'll be leaving my other half behind. As university starts next week Ben couldn't come to LA with me and even if he could I think this always needed to be my trip. So, it'll be sad saying goodbye to him, but it's also nice to know he'll be waiting for me back in Welly, probably wishing I wasn't coming back with two giant suitcases full of clothes he'll need to photograph! But, as scary as it is, I'm honestly so excited to be by myself. I've always loved being alone and especially as I would technically consider this a business trip, it will be amazing to be in charge of all my own decisions.

As I sit here in bed with my Berocca, coughing up a lung, I am still filled with excitement! I can't wait to be in my all-time favourite place again, soaking up the sun and experiencing a whole new side to travel, all on my own!

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio