Saturday, February 29, 2020

Surprise! Deluxe Exhibition 2020

Saturday, February 29, 2020




















Surprise! This is the most random, last-minute exhibition I've ever put on and I honestly can't believe it all came together. But, here it is; my second exhibition with Deluxe Cafe on Kent Terrace is officially open!

With my flight to America coming up next week, the idea of creating a whole exhibition before I leave was somewhat insane. I was expecting to have my work back in Deluxe sometime later this year, but when complications with their current artist, my name jumped the queue! So, with a neverending to-do list already crippling me I decided to take this on board too. I'm so pleased with how the final exhibition turned out, especially given the time frame I had to work with. With eight of my favourite pieces from 'Through The Kitchen Window' on show, it's probably one of my favourite collections yet!

'Through The Kitchen Window' is my latest body of work, exhibited at Colombo in Martinborough recently (here) and in terms of sales, definitely my most popular series yet. Focusing on colours, textures and patterns from the 70s, this collection looks at several interior and exterior spaces in Wellington. I shot most of these images as my obsession with retro style was just beginning and creating these pairings gave me a whole new appreciation for that kitch style that's so unique to the 70s.

As the space I had to work with at Deluxe was much smaller than Colombo, I had to select my absolute favourite pieces from the collection to have on show. So I settled on 'Crocodile Rock', 'Gold Dust Woman', 'Yellow Submarine', 'Keep On Truckin', 'Hotel California', 'Nostalgia', 'Brown Sugar' and 'Through The Kitchen Window'. These pieces hold such a special place in my heart and they're images that I'm truly proud to have taken.

I'm super lucky and so grateful to have my work recognised by Deluxe again and just having my work out there means the world. But, obviously, it's great to make a few sales along the way too, so if you're in the area, make sure to pop into Deluxe before my exhibition comes down!

You can find Deluxe Cafe at 10 Kent Terrace in Wellington
See their Instagram here

If you want to read more about 'Through The Kitchen Window' or see the pieces for sale at Deluxe
See my blog post here
Instagram here

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio