Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Exhibition

Thursday, July 11, 2019














The night I'd been waiting for in anticipation for weeks has finally come-my exhibition is now open! After all the emails and planning, printing, framing and carefully transporting, my new series, Through The Kitchen Window is now on show at Colombo Vineyard. I was pretty nervous for the opening night as I'm not the most socially confident person, I can't stand small talk and I was honestly just scared that nobody would show up. But it was a great night, I couldn't have asked for a better turn out.

Colombo Vineyard has the most beautifully cosy space with festoon lights, brightly coloured cushions and a big open fire. I was nervous to see how my work would look in the space, as I hadn't actually been there before. But it was amazing. Bec had done such a beautiful job, with retro decorations around the room to support my artwork. My favourite addition was the funky vintage chair with succulents on top, such a nice touch. Most of my prints were hung along the back wall, making them immediately noticeable as you walk through the doors. It was so rewarding after all that hard work to finally see them up on the wall and I couldn't be happier.

With plenty of camembert cheese and crackers to go around, as well as Colombo wine, of course, there was a general buzz of comfort and cosiness in the space. The ambience was definitely enhanced by Bec's special playlist full of 1970s hit songs from the titles of my work. As Yellow Submarine played, I had several conversations with locals who had come by to support me and check out my work. It's always so nice to get feedback on my art and hear what the general public has to say about it.

One thing that really stuck out to me was the feeling of nostalgia that people got from my work. As a lover of retro style, it never really crossed my mind that a lot of my images capture a period of time that is so familiar to older generations. With one group making connections to my work, like the old carpet that had been in their grandmothers' house or the floral wallpaper that their parents had in their kitchen. It's so nice knowing that people have had an emotional connection to my work in some way and it's made them feel something. I guess that's the whole reason I do this.

I'm so proud of my Through The Kitchen Window exhibition and so grateful for all the love and support that I received at the opening night alone. It's exciting, the possibility of touching more people with my art and forming connections with like-minded and interesting humans. With two sales already, I can't wait to see what comes of my latest exhibition.
See the full collection here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio