Monday, July 15, 2019

The Sunny Curation - Depop

Monday, July 15, 2019



(All prices have been converted to nzd at the current exchange rate as most sellers are from the US. All original listings have been linked in each description, any images belong to sellers.)
Items Listed Top Row to Bottom Row (left to right)

As I'm writing this it's pouring with rain, I'm wearing three layers, the heat pump is on and my electric blanket is on three. Basically, it's freezing. I used to be such a Winter person, I'd love rugging up and braving the stormy weather. Winter to me was hot chocolates, cosy blankets, big jackets and best of all; no outdoor sports. However, now that I've left school and haven't seen a netball court or a cricket bat for several years I'm starting to wonder what I really saw in Winter. It's cold, I can't wear dresses, the rain destroys my hair and the lighting is terrible.

So while I sit here and wish I was on a beach somewhere in California getting sunburnt, I thought I'd share some of my favourite Winter appropriate Summer pieces from Depop. Whilst still sticking with bright and vibrant colours of the 60s and 70s, as well as crazy patterns and prints, I'm determined to incorporate some of my favourite Summer pieces into my Winter wardrobe!

True Vintage 70s Yellow Crochet Top - $46.91 nzd
I was beyond sad when this beauty sold on Depop, I'd had my eyes on it for a while. I love anything crochet and this one is right outta the 70s! The sunshine yellow colour just screams Summer, yet worn with a thick long sleeve underneath and some long pants it can still be practical for Winter.

Green Floral Bell Bottoms - $107.71 nzd
Have you ever seen a more beautiful pair of flares? These are the ultimate statement piece and the bright green colour is so sick. I would style these with my big chunky boots and a white collared shirt for a very groovy look. These flares would also look great with a big penny lane coat, an essential layer for cold months.

Orange Ribbed Long Sleeve Collared Shirt - $14.96 nzd
This shirt is super affordable and such a great Winter layering piece, whilst still having that hint of Summer days gone by with the vibrant orange colour. I love a collar, especially on a more fitted shirt like this one. The ribbed fabric is super flattering and makes it easy to tuck into high waisted pants. I would definitely style this with a funky vest overtop and a big coat.

Brown Patchwork Healed Boots - $82.28 nzd
I live in my big brown chunky boots and I always get questions asking if I'm going to be selling them, the answer is no. So, I thought I'd source some good alternatives for those looking for a pair. I love the brown patchwork design on this pair, making them a little different to the average brown boot. They have a nice little heal too, to give you some extra height. Boots are obviously a Winter essential, but when worn with tights and a skirt can still have that Summery vibe that I'm after.

True Vintage 70s Yellow Peasant Dress - $225.24 nzd
If I was ever going to splurge on the most amazing vintage dress in the world for some occasion, this would be it. It's yellow, oh-so 70s, orange flowers and it has puffed sleeves, what more could you ask for? I don't know where on earth I would wear this to, maybe my own wedding? But I just had to include it in here.

1960s Brown Patchwork Wallet - $37.40 nzd
From my favourite store, Spaced Out Mama, I am seriously tempted by this amazing patchwork wallet. The brown and tan colours are some of my favourites and the funky patchwork design makes it so unique. It's possibly time to retire my old two dollar shop wallet for this one. Check out this little interview I did with Crystal here.

Green & Yellow High Waisted Plaid Shorts - $22.52 nzd
These shorts are the epitome of Summer. I can just see myself strolling along Venice Beach sporting these epic green shorts and some chunky boots. Shorts can be difficult to style in Winter, but these are thick and super big, almost like a skirt. So you could even wear a pair of tights underneath them for some extra warmth.

Vintage Orange Knit Vest - $20.93 nzd
Vests are probably the most versatile piece for all seasons. In Winter, chuck on a turtleneck or collared shirt underneath and you've got an instantly funky look. Or for Summer, simply wearing it as is looks great or with a little tee underneath. I have tons of vests in my closet, I find they're the easiest thing to throw on and add an extra layer of warmth to an outfit.

1970s Vintage Garfield Tee - $22.44 nzd
As someone who grew up watching Garfield, this shirt immediately spoke to me. Of course, I love the amazing 70s colours, but the print is so sick. I would style this with a simple long sleeve or collared shirt underneath, or tuck it into some high waisted flares for a super easy look.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio