Friday, July 19, 2019

Add+Vintage Store Wellington

Friday, July 19, 2019




















Stepping through the doors of Add+Vintage on Marion Street is like stepping right into a photograph. Think Mid Century madness, bright colours and green Formica tables, so as you can imagine; I was in heaven. The Add+Vintage Store sits discreetly on Marion Street, it's unassuming facade not giving much away. Maybe that's why it took me so long to actually discover this treasure trove of retro goods.

Something I love about the store is the amount of greenery tucked in beside shelves or perching on vintage tables. Plantlife makes such a difference to the initial impression and overall feel of a space, especially when it's pretty jam-packed with pieces. The Add+Vintage Store has several different zones and rooms where their furniture and homeware is displayed. I immediately fell in love with the bright orange circular flower rug at the front of the store, it's so deliciously 70s! I also have my eyes on a gorgeous mid-century style stool with a yellow floral seat and I can imagine it in my living room already.

I've found that Wellington has a distinct shortage of really good vintage and antique stores, especially those that don't cost a fortune. You have to travel out to places like the Wairarapa to find anything decent. But Add+Vintage is the exception. It was nice meeting the owners too, who happily let me take hundreds of snaps in their lovely shop.

I often fantasize about how I'll decorate my home someday, what colour I'll paint the kitchen cabinets or the tiles I'll have in the bathroom. All I know is that I want every room in my house to be kitted out in Add+Vintage stock!

See Add+Vintage here,
Facebook
31 Marion Street, Wellington
Wed-Fri: 11am - 5:30pm
Sat-Sun: 11am - 3pm

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio