Sunday, July 21, 2019

Purple Haze

Sunday, July 21, 2019

















All photos shot and edited by Fran (here), design and layout by me.

This shoot was so much fun, Ben, Fran and I spent the afternoon wandering through town and finding the best lighting and spots to take photos. Fran and I are super similar in many ways, but when it comes to taking photos we have two very different styles. I love seeing the way Fran sets up a composition and her creative process and I learn a lot from her just by observing. These photos came out so good, I love the colours and the lighting was super dreamy and warm.

I'm generally pretty awkward in front of the camera, which is annoying given that my business pretty much revolves around it. But Fran has a way of bringing out my natural expressions, probably because I'm comfortable around her and she makes me laugh. Especially when trying to direct me not to squint when the sun is shining directly into my eyeballs. She also edits her photos in a very different way to me, so it was interesting to see the final outcome. I love showcasing different styles of photography on my blog and Fran has such an eye for great portraiture.

I love the subtle colours and funky textures of the orange netting and the green wall, which amazingly matched my bag exactly. I'm wearing my favourite new pink mesh paisley top from Savemart in Masterton (read about that here). My belt was a thrifted find in California, my jeans are from Paperbag Princess, earrings are Sans, crochet bag is thrifted and my boots are second-hand Docs from Thrift. The purple coat was actually purchased from the Salvation Army in town whilst taking these photos. I'll be selling it on my Depop very soon, so keep your eyes peeled if you like the look of it.

I'm super excited to do more shoots with Fran in the next few weeks. She's recently set up a new Instagram page for her photography work where she's been posting tons of her portraits. Check out Fran's work here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio