Monday, May 27, 2019

Back To The 70s - Citta Design

Monday, May 27, 2019


I've been a big lover and fan of Citta Design for many years now, all you have to do is scroll through my blog archive to see the love affair blossoming. I adore their designs, fabrics and colours and the stunning layout of all their stores, but when they released their new 70s inspired cushion covers I was officially blown away. Talk about combining two of my all time favourite things!

I was tempted to invest in pieces from their new collection for a while and finally did after attending the Citta bedroom styling event on the 7th of this month. It was such an interesting night of styling tips, beautiful linen and triple cream brie (yes-triple!) I wasn't really sure what to expect from the styling course, as I'd never attended anything like it before, but I can now say that I truly recommend it. It was fascinating hearing about the thought process that goes on behind something that seems so simple, styling a bed can become an art. I'd always thought of myself as quite knowledgable about this topic, as I've been into interior design and styling for as long as I can remember. Especially after watching every season of The Block to ever exist, I thought I knew practically everything there was to know about fluffing a cushion. I was actually surprised by how creative you can get with ben linen, layering cushions and organizing a colour palette.

The whole time I was sitting there, listening to the stylist, I was dreaming up new combinations and layouts for my own bed back at home, as I'm sure every other woman in the room was doing too. I especially adored the bed they had styled with warm tones, browns, beige, khaki green and soft pink. Then they brought out Daisy. She was beautiful, so 70s and so incredibly me, I knew she had to be mine. As Citta was offering 20% off storewide that night, I took the opportunity to justify spending big on some new linen to spruce up my own bed. I would've loved to update my entire bedspread, but I ended up settling for The Daisy Cushion Cover in chocolate brown and the Linen Raisin Coloured Euro Pillowcase to match. I just love their take on the classic 60s and 70s colours, with the warm tones and kitsch floral patterns, but with a distinct Citta touch.







I love thrifting my clothes and nic nacs from second-hand stores, to find those crazy cool 60s and 70s pieces. But when it comes to linen I like to spend a bit more, invest in first-hand, quality pieces that will last a long time. I've always purchased my bed linen from either Citta or Cultiver, both of which create amazingly beautiful and high-quality bed linen that has already lasted me years. It was an absolute blessing that Citta came out with a 70s inspired range, just at the time I was looking to update my bedspread.

I learnt a lot about styling a bed and all of the different elements that go into it from the Citta styling course and I would highly recommend checking out any other courses being held there in the future. I've now started making my bed in the morning with even more pride than I did before, taking extra time to fluff my cushions and rearrange my throw blanket so that it's just right. I love having a beautiful and tidy space, so making my bed is always the first thing I do every morning and I never feel quite ready for my day until that task is complete. Now, I get to look at Daisy every morning and experiment with all the different ways I can style her.


(Left to right)
Daisy Cushion Cover in Chocolate Brown
Joni Cushion Cover
Brixton Patchwork Cushion Cover

Here are a few of my favourite 70s inspired cushion covers available on the Citta Design Website and in stores. Daisy also comes in a midnight blue colour palette, which is so pretty.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio