Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Christmas Colour Study

Wednesday, January 22, 2020






























Christmas 2019 was a wild one, my first holiday spent without my immediate family. Instead, I joined Ben's family for a trip down south, to stay with his grandma in Queenstown. It was a completely new experience for me and something that was both challenging and super rewarding. I missed my family a ton, but it was also great to step outside of my comfort zone and really experience what it's like to start melding my life with someone (so scary). Overall, the month of December was one spent relaxing, spending time with loved ones and just taking a break. So, here's a little snippet of my month, via a Colour Study!

I really haven't spent too much time in Queenstown, so it was great to have an explore, especially as the place we were staying in had the most insane views. We took huge walks, played plenty of card games and Monopoly, took the water taxi over to Queenstown shops and even went go-karting. It was a completely different holiday to anything I've experienced with my own family but I loved it! We even had time to get some thrifting done in both Cromwell and Queenstown, I managed to pick up a surprisingly large amount of pieces, which will be coming to the store later this year.

On our last morning down south, we visited a cute little farmers market in Queenstown central. Ben and I wandered around the fancy artisan food stalls for a while, eventually settling on a classic $3 sausage in bread (never disappoints). I also spotted four miniature schnauzers (!!), so it was a good time.

The last few days of December were spent building our new Christmas Lego sets (yes-Ben and I still build Lego). I also received my absolute dream bag from my parents, a proper hand-tooled leather purse from Hunters & Collectors and she has not left my side since! We celebrated Fran's 19th birthday at the trampoline park (still children). I finally (after two years) got to spend a New Years Eve with Ben, which was amazing. Then, we rang in the new year with a hangover from hell and a mini holiday to Martinborough to stay with my parents.

As I've grown older, Christmas has become less about gifts and the actual celebration of 'Christmas', and more about the people I spend it with. I think this could be said for most people as they leave childhood. So, I'm glad I got to spend December with some of my absolute favourite people!

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio