Monday, January 30, 2017

goodbye holidays.

Monday, January 30, 2017


Hello!
Wow those holidays flew by. Although seven weeks sounds like a lot it really isn't and it's surprising how little you can do in that amount of time. Something that I've discovered about myself these holidays is that I really hate relaxing and falling out of routine, I love being productive, getting things done and sometimes I even like studying (?) So I found these holidays kind of threw everything out of whack.
However, I'm so pleased that I had this time to just chill because my head does feel really clear now and having this time basically in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by country air was a really good contrast to the city that I'm in 24/7 during the school term.
In the summer holidays I attended my first wedding - which was such an amazing experience, I stayed in a shipping container house with my friends, watched several good movies (and several bad) I learnt about the moon and the stars and spent plenty of time staring at the sky. I ate lots of amazing vegan food and cooked *a lot* of mushrooms and beetroot. I spent time with some awesome people, took photos, published several blog posts, swam in a shipping container pool, danced in front of other people (which I never thought I'd do) had several family dinners, played card games into the night and slept in almost every single day!
Here are some more of my highlights;

01
Music 
For every holiday I make a playlist which I add to throughout my time away. I think music is the best way to remember an amazing time in your life and if you ever want to relive those memories all you have to do is put your playlist on shuffle and listen.
You can listen to my vines playlist here which is majority AURORA, vbnd and Sticky Fingers but now every time I listen to it I can almost see myself chilling in the hammock or going for a walk in the vineyard.

02
Sunlight & Shadows
Something that I was really interested (borderline obsessed) with taking pictures of this summer was the amazing dappled light and shadows that I would find, especially at the place we're staying in the countryside. There's something about the shadows made by the trees in our garden that was really relaxing and super pretty to look at.

03
Sleepins & Books
Essential for any good holiday; a mixture between long sleepins and reading binges. This summer I was reading The Gone Series by Michael Grant which I've found equally captivating and horrifying (if you don't like gruesome books, don't read this series!)

04
Dressing For The Holiday
Depending on where you're going obviously dressing in appropriate attire is super fun and mostly based on the climate of where I've been staying it was dresses, shorts and obviously dungarees (my new obsession)
I was wearing dungarees or pinafore dresses for pretty much my entire holiday (especially those pink corduroy ones! ^) I love thrifting dungarees and there are loads of awesome pairs on ASOS.

I'm extremely nervous and excited for all the big changes that I'm going to be facing this year and I can't wait to get back into the rhythm of the school term and all of my old habits. I'm also really looking forward to creating so many new habits, meeting many new people and falling in love with many more things!

What were the highlights from your holiday?
Bella.

"The best portion of your life will be the small,
nameless moments you spend smiling with
someone who matters to you."
- Ritu Ghatourey

1 comment :

  1. You're obviously a few decades younger than me but I love your photos and your holiday tales. You've made me want to go away on holiday, but hubby and I have just become 'parents' to two puppies. So, we're pretty busy! What changes are afoot in your life this year? You mention this but don't elaborate. Please tell us more!

    Refugia Stein @ Container Domes

    ReplyDelete

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio