Friday, January 6, 2017

my desk.

Friday, January 6, 2017














Hello!
Today I thought I'd show you around my desk area a bit as I've finally got it to a point that I'm really pleased with.
My desk is kind of a sanctuary for me and somewhere I spend a lot of time. I know that I work a lot better when my space is tidy, organised and looking nice.

I have an ikea trestle desk so there isn't really anywhere to store practical *not so pretty* things so I found a felt box from LetLiv that I keep all of my school / everything else stuff in. I also have the smaller matching felt box on my desk for things like washi / paperclips etc.
For a bit more storage I found this amazing Wooden Pegboard from George and Willy. They're New Zealand based and they make the most incredible furniture and bits and bobs ever, I'm probably their biggest fan and I can't recommend this pegboard enough. I keep things like books, plants, candles etc on the shelves of my pegboard and then hanging off one of the spare pegs is a small Aesop bag, for no practical reason!
To the right of my trestle I have my massive and ever growing collection of Yen and Fete magazines and a couple of Frankie's (although sadly all of the colourful spined issues have been banished to my wardrobe)
My biggest tip when it comes to styling a desk space, no matter what size is greenery. I find having plants and greenery around me especially in a place of creativity and work, like a desk, is so important and makes me so much happier. You may have seen on my Instagram stories I love buying big bunches of green leaves and plants and distributing them in different bottles and jars throughout my bedroom.
Then to tie it all together with the most recent addition to my bedroom I have this amazing Jasmine Dowling print in a Country Road frame. I love this print SO much and it just matches everything in my room so well!

I hope that my desk space gives you some inspiration or ideas for your own and let me know if you'd like to see more posts similar to this one showing you different corners of my bedroom.
Decorating and styling my spaces has always been a hobby of mine so it's nice to be able to share it with you!
Bella.

"If you see beauty in
something, don't wait for
others to agree."
- Sherihan Gamal

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio