Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Assembly / Los Angeles

Saturday, April 16, 2016
























The Assembly, Los Angeles.
Possibly the coolest interior of a cafe that I've ever seen. With wood, white and grey being my colour palette The Assembly was a dream come true, I mean look how pretty!!?
The day we visited this cafe was possibly one of my fondest memories of my holiday. My mum, my brother and I took the forty minute long trek from the place that we were staying, stopping only to take a few snaps and tie our shoelaces. I ate a delicious lunch of yogurt, muesli and berries and some boxed water (look at that packaging though!) Then we decided to head back home, but not before stopping to check out the assortment of goodies they had for sale from Poketo (!!?)
Almost as soon as we left The Assembly it began to rain. This is winter in California so it was warm rain, but there was a lot of it.
We decided to try and sprint back home, but after about ten minutes of running through puddles we realised that we were very lost. Bearing in mind that I had just brought some new shoes so I had majorly sore feet at this point, so we decided to try and walk back the way we came, without success. Wet and miserable we decided to ask someone for directions back to Melrose and thank goodness we did because we were really lost and heading in completely the wrong direction.
We ended up getting Dad to come pick us up a few blocks from the house as the rain turned into hail.
At the time it wasn't so much fun, but now that I look back on it it was one of my favourite experiences that holiday. There's something about getting lost in a new city that's both scary and exciting, then add rain to the mix.
We ended up discovering lots of little streets full of cool shops and cafe's, including one of my favourite restaurants Zinqué just from getting lost!
You can check out The Assembly's website here and their super cool Instagram here.
Bella.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio