Saturday, October 5, 2019

Brown Eyed Girl

Saturday, October 5, 2019


























Last week I was invited by the lovely Mahani to take some photos of her original 1970s kitchen and bathroom. She's starting renovations on her home soon and sadly all of that beautiful wallpaper is being taken out (I guess it's not everybody's taste).

I've been a fan of Mahani's work ever since seeing it displayed right around the corner from my own at this year's NZ Art Show. You might even remember me raving about her art in this blog post. She creates beautiful images, with a colour scheme similar to my own. So, it was amazing to receive a message from her inviting me to check out her beautiful home. We were in a bit of a hurry but I absolutely love the shots that I got, especially in her bathroom, the lighting was so dreamy. Her cute little dog followed me around, very suspicious of my presence in his home (he managed to make it into a few shots too).

Not only did Mahani send me away with some great new shots but she gave me a super retro and very funky cane tray from her own collection! You can see this print featured throughout the images and I love the way the colours in this retro floral design compliment the colours and hues of Mahani's home so well.

Of course, her kitchen was everything I'd been promised. Those terracotta tiles and beige floral wallpaper, glowing in the midday sun. I love all of the plants and greenery throughout the kitchen and dining area too. That pop of green helps to offset all of the beige tones in these shots. I'm obsessed with the very 70s wallpaper in the bathroom too. Plus, the Formica vanity was an excellent bonus.

It was such a pleasure meeting someone who's work has inspired me so much and such a compliment to be invited to her home to take some pictures too!
Check out Mahani's Instagram here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio