Monday, September 30, 2019

Northcote

Monday, September 30, 2019










Ben and I flew to Auckland on the 14th for the Fleetwood Mac concert. We visited several different areas in Auckland to go thrifting and take photos. If you want to read all about our trip, see that post here. I always bring my DSLR with me on holidays, even if it's just to Auckland because you never know what might catch your eye. It's a hefty and rather annoying thing to carry around, but ultimately worth it.

Northcote has a strange little area next to the Savemart, it's almost like a mini Chinatown. There were tons of Asian supermarkets and eateries, along with strange stores like 'The Tofu Shop'. It was quite entertaining, especially for Ben who's spent a fair bit of time in Hong Kong. We hung around that area for a bit, eating a box of shapes and sipping on our feijoa juice. Then, I decided to pull out my camera.

I actually really like how most of these shots turned out. None of them are particularly special and they'll probably never be used for anything. But, it's always good to keep in the habit of using my camera, especially when travelling (if Auckland even counts as travelling). I'm especially pleased with the landscape image of what I like to think is a Father and his Son, shopping for fresh fruit at the Asian supermarket. The light and shadows were perfect and the vibrant pops of colour from the fruit made the make the stand out.

I've found that ever since purchasing my new phone I've been inclined to take most of my photos on there, as the camera quality is pretty amazing. Sometimes it's nice to take your time and appreciate more of the process when taking a photograph. This is where I find it so important to whip out my DSLR as often as possible. Even if it's pain to lug around, the creative exercise of taking photos is always worth it for me.
See more photos from our trip here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio