Friday, September 20, 2019

The Retro Collection - Depop

Friday, September 20, 2019


I'm so excited to finally release the first-ever instalment of 'The Retro Collection'! As a part of my everchanging and growing Depop store, this new collection is a carefully curated bundle of my most favourite true vintage pieces.

As someone who has a completely 60s / 70s inspired wardrobe, it only seemed right to introduce this style and wonderful era into my store. Currently, I sell a mixture of different styles, mostly centred around 90s and the early 2000s. I've found that these pieces sell the best overall, they're the easiest to thrift and I've had a super positive response so far. But, I never wanted to pigeon hole my store with just one style or era of fashion. So, I've come up with the idea to create collections. This is a great way for me to market and sell pieces as a whole style, rather than simply dotting them randomly throughout my store. I'm open to any suggestions for future collections if there's a specific style you'd love to see. I was thinking maybe even collections inspired by specific style icons or film genres?

For the first instalment of this and as a pilot collection I thought it would be appropriate to channel my own unique style and look into a curation of clothing. Some of these pieces have been thrifted specifically for 'The Retro Collection', a few are from my personal closet. I've had so much fun collecting these pieces and dreaming up how I wanted this first lot to turn out. As this is the pilot collection I've kept it quite small and selective. Let me know if you like this or if you'd prefer larger bundles of clothes in the future! See the full collection below.







'The Retro Collection' (pilot edition) is made up of seven items, each is unique, funky, colourful and 100% true vintage. Most tags are still intact and the quality of each piece is impeccable. In this collection, you'll find three retro 60s style dresses, two button-up 70s shirts, one men's button-up shirt and a pair of wool shorts! I'm super stoked to finally introduce a men's item into my store and I'll be interested to see the response I get from customers.

I'm so pleased with how this little creative experiment has turned out and I can't wait to trial new ideas and styles in the future. I'll be uploading 'The Retro Collection' to my Depop store later this week in one large drop, so stay tuned for that! As always, feel free to message me if you have any of your own ideas or suggestions for future collections. I'd love to hear from you!

My Depop store here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio