Thursday, September 26, 2019

September Thrifted Buys (Auckland)

Thursday, September 26, 2019


















September has flown by so quickly and I've been thrifting like mad (as per usual). I spent a couple of days with my Grandma sifting through both Savemart's in my area, as well as every single second-hand store in the greater Wellington region (blog post on that coming soon). Ben and I also travelled to Auckland for the Fleetwood Mac concert and went thrifting on K Road, where several purchases were made. So, to commemorate this successful month of op-shopping I thought I'd put together a little collection of some of my most favourite purchases. Some of these pieces are for my store (here) and others are just for me! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them below.

As my obsession and fascination with 60s/70s fashion grows I obviously had to pick up a pair of white go-go style boots. They've featured in a few of my Depop photos, as well as some images on my story and I've had tons of compliments and questions about them. So, it was practically a miracle when I found an almost identical pair at Vinnies last week. They're even by the same brand! I'll be listing these incredible white boots on my Depop in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

One of the fastest and best-selling items on my Depop is the fluffy bucket hat. It's a trend that anyone above the age of 30 doesn't seem to understand (quite frankly, my Grandmother finds them pretty ugly). But I think they're fantastic and such a great way to spice up any outfit, whilst keeping your head nice and toasty. I managed to pick up over five different fluffy bucket hats this month, one is already for sale on my store (here). So, if you were wondering, yes-both of the pink fluffy bucket hats pictured above will be for sale very soon!

I found so many incredible vintage pieces in Auckland that tempted me majorly. I eneded up narrowing them down to a small collection, mostly because my carry on was already verging on full to bursting point. I picked up a gorgeous 1970s beige dress with suede details and big gold buttons. It gives me major Western / Once Upon a Time In Hollywood vibes and would look incredible with some cowboy boots.

The dreamy orange and cream floral 70s dress is from Crushes, a store I'd never heard of but stumbled across when exploring K Road. They had so many amazing vintage pieces and I had to really stop myself from spending up a storm. I can't wait to wear this dress in the Summer with my brown boots and a cute headband. Then I simply couldn't resist picking up my favourite Rolling Stones album on vinyl. It was only $30 at a cute vintage store on K Road and a major pain to transport home on the plane (but worth it).

After starting my business selling second-hand clothes, I've found that buying for myself has become more difficult. Most things that I thrift I'll end up selling, even if I regret it later. So, it was nice to actually pick up some pieces for myself in the month of September. Now, the weather just needs to warm up so I can actually wear them!

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio