Saturday, September 7, 2019

Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon

Saturday, September 7, 2019












Isn't the sun just glorious? As we enter Spring I'm so excited to see more of it. Sun makes everything better, being warm makes you happy, productive and healthy. I can't wait for beach days, riding the scooter around Oriental Bay and the smell of sunscreen. Unfortunately, this vivid image of Summer is still several months away, but a girl can dream.

Despite the sunny glow that these beautiful images have, it was bloody freezing (hence the purple fleece). These photos were taken by the wonderful Fran, who managed to make Matt and I look slightly less awkward in front of the camera when told to simply stand there. I spent the day with Fran and Matt mooching around town, taking photos in Yans Supermarket and the neighbourhood surrounding it. We made Betty Crocker cookie mix (after the long search for an egg at The Cube) and instant noodles for balance.

I loved the way Fran played around with opacity when editing the first image, so I decided to do the same with the rest. I used opacity a ton in my year 12 photography portfolio to create a sense of movement in my images. I think it's a really useful tool and something that I often overlook when editing photos. I especially love the way the images turned out where I changed the opacity level on the pattern. This technique can sometimes make a relatively average image into a much more visually interesting one.

As always, full credit to Fran for these photos and you can check out her Instagram here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio