Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Take Me Back Colour Study

Tuesday, September 10, 2019






















As a creative person, I'm always at my happiest and most content when I'm making art or creating something, anything. Last week I was horribly sick with a gross head cold and stuck in my bed with little to do and only my laptop to entertain me. I think it's safe to say that I started to go a little crazy. So, now that I'm well enough to move from my bed to the living room and sit upright, I knew I simply had to get my creative juices flowing again.

Colour studies are in no way my best photography, they're not really for anyone but myself. I created this exercise a while back when I was having one of my worst creative blocks. I've found that sometimes all it takes to break out of it is creating something, even something fairly mediocre. So, I use these colour studies as a way to practice my photography, design and photoshop skills and to challenge myself to create something every day.

Matt, Fran and I visited the most gloriously stocked retro haven in Upper Hutt. Take Me Back is full of hidden treasures from the 60s and 70s. You can just imagine my utter glee when entering this store for the first time. Kitch decor, psychedelic patterns and dinnerwear in every direction, piled high and gleaming with old retro-y goodness!

I'm also currently in the process of trying to sort out my outfit for Fleetwood Mac on the 16th. When I booked the tickets at the beginning of this year it felt like a million years away and now it's less than a week, so crazy. I managed to score the most incredible 1970s navy blue and orange floral maxi dress with the biggest dagger collar (pictured above). So, that's a definite contender for my concert outfit. I'll make sure to keep my Instagram (here) and blog updated with our Auckland adventures and Fleetwood Mac experience later this week!

It does feel good to be back in the land of the living. Like most sane people I hate being sick and there's nothing worse than being stuck inside all day just feeling lousy. But, I can't wait for the next few weeks of thrifting, photographing (fun new shoot coming soon) and bopping to Fleetwood Mac. Stay tuned!

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio