Monday, September 23, 2019

September Op Shops Colour Study

Monday, September 23, 2019




























Thrifting this month has been such good fun, with my own personal style developing, as well as my stores'. I went on a two-day long op-shopping expedition with my wonderful (and very patient) Grandmother. We visited both of the Savemart's in my area and every op-shop in the Wellington region, including Petone, Tawa and Upper Hutt. It was an exhausting couple of days and I'm embarrassed to admit that my arms were alarmingly sore from sifting through racks of clothing all day.

I found so many amazing pieces for my store, including pants, tie-up tops, skirts, fluffy bucket hats and crochet bags + so much more! I also found several funky homeware and furniture pieces to lust after. It seems I've become kind of known for my taste in crockery (??) as I had two strangers send my images of mugs at op-shops they thought I would like this month. So strange, but a great compliment all the same. I have been asked quite a lot recently what my favourite spots to thrift in Wellington are, so I might curate a list of the best op-shops in the area. Let me know if you'd be interested in that!

Ben and I went on a thrifting mission to find the perfect outfits to wear to Fleetwood Mac this month. I stumbled across the most incredibly beautiful 1970s maxi dress, it was love at first sight. But shopping for Ben was quite a lot harder. It's weirdly difficult to find decent guys clothing at op-shops, maybe that's because they've been picked through. Or perhaps Ben is just super picky (probably the case). But he really struggled to find the right piece for the concert. Until we walked into Tangent on Cuba Street and hit the jackpot. If you're a Wellingtonian and you haven't stepped foot in Tangent, you really gotta.

I often share most of these images on my Instagram story as I take them. But, I love seeing them all collaged together at the end of the month. It's so weirdly satisfying and it seems to tell a fun story of the places I've been and things I've seen that month. Keep your eyes peeled for some of the pieces above which will be coming to my store soon!

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio