Friday, June 14, 2019

Sofa Blues

Friday, June 14, 2019
















Welcome to my little fashion time capsule, featuring my best friend Fran. If there's anyone who understands my weird and wacky sense of style it's Fran and we've often bonded over this crazy aesthetic. I've been wanting to take photos with her for a while now but I couldn't find a good location to match the vision I had in my mind for this post. Then we found the room of sofas.
Sofa Blues is an edit that represents our love for retro style and funky kitsch colours. This over the top floral carpet just says it all.

Like me, Fran often enjoys experimenting with a mixture of 90s / early 2000s and retro style. She's a big fan of The Beatles but has also watched The OC several times over. I love the colours in Fran's outfit, especially the bright orange of her mesh vest top and puffa jacket. All of the pieces in Fran's look are either second hand or thrifted. She accessorizes with an orange floral headband and bright orange eye makeup to match.
Fran also wears black Doc Martens on her feet and asks that you please ignore her Nike socks!

I have so much fun experimenting with different looks and when I was at high school me and my friends became known for always having crazy colour coordinated outfits. There's just something so fun about matching colours together in a look, even when they clash. Fran's outfit is bright, bold and funky with orange and warm colours in her shirt and jacket. She tones this down with the white collared shirt underneath and light wash denim jeans. The vest over the collared shirt is one of my favourite easy retro looks and immediately makes any outfit look ten times more put together.

I'm super happy with how these photos turned out and I love the old school setting with the bright garish carpet and funky sofas. I can't wait to take more photos with Fran soon and share them on here, we have lots of fun ideas for creative projects we want to do together too. Watch this space!

Follow Fran here,
Instagram

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio