Monday, June 17, 2019

Through The Vines

Monday, June 17, 2019


A few years ago I never imagined that I would exhibit my photography anywhere, let alone a vineyard. I'm so excited to announce my third show with Ventana Creative Collective and their first exhibition since re opening this year. Opening on the 5th of July, my latest collection Through The Kitchen Window will be on show at Colombo Vineyard in Martinborough.

My family has a house in Martinborough, so we spend a lot of time over there and it has become a place of relaxation and holidays. I don't get over the hill much anymore but when I do it's bliss. We go for walks in the neighbouring vineyards, shop the second-hand stores in Masterton and end the day with a glass of wine and nibbles at Colombo Vineyard, my parents all time favourite spot. When they heard I would be exhibiting my latest collection there I think they were even more excited than me!

I'm so grateful to have been given this opportunity to work with Ventana for the third time, and the first time since their change of ownership. It's so nice to feel supported by people who appreciate your work and want to help you grow your creative career. The team at Ventana have been supporting me for several years now and have been a huge help to me and my art career. So, I can't wait to collaborate with them again.

It will be amazing to finally see my new photos in print and hanging on the walls of Colombo. For me, Through The Kitchen Window is a series of images that create a sense of calm, the colours and tones are soft and almost pastel like. I can't wait to see how the scenery of the Colombo Vineyard compliments these images and how the public will respond to them.

If you're planning a trip to the Wairarapa in July or fancy an evening of good wine and art, Through The Kitchen Window is opening on the 5th of July, it's end date is yet to be confirmed. I also plan on sharing lots of behind the scenes progress updates on my blog, so stay tuned.
See the full collection here.

Bella 🌼

No comments :

Post a Comment

Bella Foster | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio